Pages

Thursday 20 May 2021

My Mum's hands Poem

This week writing task was a free-verse poem about '' my mum Hands. We practised using  semi-colour a range of sentence lengths and using better vocabulary. Our poems are based on an original poem written by  Gary O'Connell. I chose to write about my mums hands because she is someone very special to me 


 My Mum's hands

are smooth and ruff at the same time 

Her back ,as straight as a stick.

Her legs , as stiff as a post.  

Her , laugh as loud as sound.

Her ,voice as soft as a pillow. 

Her hair ,as black as night

Living peacefully 

                                                                     wrapped with love 

2 comments:

  1. Bula Jairus,
    I like how you have written a detailed blurb around why you have created this piece of writing.
    You are very good at writing similes as I counted 5 in your poem.
    In our writing we have been focusing on descriptive language and short sentences.
    As well as writing what room you are in and your school name into your labels, add in what curriculum it is under (in this case: writing).
    Have you met the author, Gary O'Connell?
    Zara @ Belfast School.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Jairus,
    I like this poem, I really enjoyed reading this and finding our a few things of what your mum is like and how she sounds. My favorite is 'her hair, as black as night' because it explains how dark her hair is. Maybe next time you could add a few things about why she is so special. Do you like to write poems? How long did this take to write? Have a good day.

    -Trinity

    ReplyDelete